Old Friends came crawling out of the woodwork last night, as I spent almost the whole night in conversation with people I randomly knew.And, then as I was walking out the door and about to head home, I saw a cute Japanese girl with a sparkely hat doing sign language. I had to stop and investigate.
She taught me how to say "Beautiful" in sign language. (But, no she wasn't deaf). It all kept reminding me of the movie Babel (highly recommended).
Later on we were trading war stories, and I was telling her about my skateboarding days where I would fly downhill into cross traffic at over 20+ mph, just hoping that the cars would be timed just right.
She told me about riding a 2 person bicycle in Japan while wearing a school-girl miniskirt. And, she fell off the bike and not only was she bruised and scraped, but her skirt flew up and her panties were showing. Scary and sexy at the same time :)
There's something so great about sharing in near death stupidity.
We exchanged many warm hugs, and I was happy while talking with her. She's been living in the US for a few years, so she's just got the slightest hint of a Japanese accent. Very cute.
I invited her over for dinner next Tuesday, and that makes me happy too.
mmmmmm.... *sigh*

No comments:
Post a Comment